Hi all, Ive got a no codes running problem. Machine has 1000 hrs on it, Im the second owner. I bought it from a Kubota dealer, it was traded in as the factory warranty expired. I think its a V3307. It sounds like it has a skip, at its lowest running speed, but otherwise when operated at low speed, it runs very well. If I get it " hot " from running under a constant load, for instance, my driveway is a 1/4 mile long, and relatively steep. If I run down the drive way full speed, and back up 2 times, the machine goes into a terrible surge, I mean really bad like you think its nearly going to shut off at wide open throttle. If put a harley rake and run it full speed, after a couple minutes, same thing, start moving full buckets of black dirt over a distance, and sustained loading... so the common denominators are, full speed, and it needs to get hot. The skip is always audible, at cold start and all speeds and the chop or skip is really noticeable after you get it hot. So I started by completely emptying the fuel tank and added brand new fuel from the local gas station, changed the fuel separator filter, and the spin on filter. Ran a couple hours, and then changed both fuel filters again. That changed nothing. I have no codes ( but assume the ecm is good, as it noticed the removal of the DPF ). I removed the DPF, in the event it was plugged. This has delayed the surge by maybe 25 percent ( time-wise before the surge starts up ). Tells me it takes just a little longer to get the engine to the malfunction temperature. Egr is still hooked up. Im old enough, that I do not have the intricate working knowledge of the common rail system, so before I load the parts cannon, I was hoping to get some input into what to load it with ? My wild arse guess is the fuel injection distributor pump, but posting this here, in the event someone has already figure this out. Curious, can I post a link of a Youtube address of the engine at startup with audio ? Is that allowed on this platform ? Thanks for any input, Bill
This is cold running, me revving the engine.. to illustrate the miss, not the surging.
I know this is for an SVL, but, this was under 1500 hours. Read the whole thing. SVL75-2 Motor revs up and down, bogging Hi, I'm having an issue with my SVL75-2. Here's a link to a video showing the revs issue - this was at 90% throttle, it just bogs down, feels like it's about to stall, then picks back up again for a short time and then bogs down again. Because of this issue I got the air and fuel filters... HeavyEquipmentForums
Got it, thanks. Ive had that hose off twice from the separator ( I didn't see any blockage ). Once as I was draining the tank, the other time, was when I first service the filters. It was later during that operation that I discovered the tank had a dedicated drain hose, from the bottom of a " sediment " sump/trap of sorts, that I also emptied. I think earlier this year, I found that post and looked for sediment in that elbow, and didn't see any, but I'm going to double check, and install an inline filter between the tank and the water separator, as recommended, thank you !
Definitely not running correctly. What you could do, as you start it up cold, is put a temp gun on the exhaust manifold. Next to each cylinder, trying to determine which cylinder is not warming up as fast as the others. That will give you an idea on which cylinder is not firing. The overrunning you described, as it warms up, could simply be a huge build up of diesel fuel in the dead cylinder, starting to fire again and causing a large increase in power. With as little hours on it, I wouldn’t expect an injector or pump problem but you never know. How does the engine and compartment look like? Dirty, with oil or fuel all over, or is it clean. I also hear a decent sounding turbo, any issue with that leaking or the hoses?
Thanks for your input, thought about doing exactly as you suggested with a non-contact thermometer. I bought this with 900hrs on it, likely I bought it this way, likely why it got traded. I owned it for nearly a year before I used it. So thinking its been this way for several years. All Ive done is moved firewood around with it at " idle " ( I was retired when I bought it ). Thinking the " miss " has gotten worse since I took ownership of it. I dont recall it being audible when I got it home. Don't think its building up fuel, from a misfire, as I never see any smoke at start up or running. The DPF was stolen off it ( wink-wink ), I did install a muffler, but yes you can hear the turbo now ( my child aged nephew tells me it sounds cool ). Took a pic of the engine compartment. Next to zero fuel or oil on anything just dirt and dust. No leaks that I can tell.
Found this page this morning, by description, my machine might apply to this page, it mostly describes the problem Im having, looks like Kubota had an injector problem on this engine, if I understand it right, Im looking at 4 updated injectors, and maybe flow sensor on the pump, or even a pump too... And another grand to tell the ECM its okay to fire the injectors... Lovely. Kubota V3307 Fuel System Guide: SVL75-2, KX080-4 and CAT C3.3B Injector and Pump Problems The definitive Kubota V3307 fuel system guide: why the SVL75-2 loses power after warm-up, what codes E9106 and E9214 mean, real injector replacement costs with the service bulletin numbers, and how the CAT C3.3B shares the same Denso parts. vfidiesel.com I was shopping for a MINT 1845C ( at any price ) before I dropped the hammer on this Kubota... Ive got regrets. I was hoping to buy something to use, not take on a new side career that requires a re-fi on the house, just to move crap around the property. That and I paid a kings ransom for this machine, due to how well it presented. I did test run it, for like 5 minutes, so the symptoms where not there when I ran it. Buyer beware.