Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2019 Bobcat T585 fuel starvation

NjRaymond · 2023-08-12 12:39

Filled up the tank when gets to 1/2-3/4 tank it says that I’m empty. I was told the pick up tubes are know to break off but I can’t find it on mine so it either fell off in tank or I’m looking in wrong place or it’s something totally different. First time owner and guy I purchased from didn’t send me the book on it yet. Any help appreciated.

Replies6
  1. #1ozarkag2023-08-13 18:22

    T595? Gauge shows empty or actually runs out if fuel? Pickup tube is under cab, either underneath or behind hydro pump group. There will also be a return line, obviously with no pick up tube on it. You can have someone yank on hose back at the fuel filter while you lay under the cab and try to locate it. . .

  2. #2ozarkag2023-08-13 18:23
  3. #3popsiclepete2023-08-15 14:27

    If Gauge shows empty but still has fuel the it would be the electronic float assembly part # 37 that is sticking or not reponding, i have had mine fail and once i removed the old one i looked at it and it was not registering properly. I cleaned it with alcohol and reinstalled it and it works good, now i have spare. i beleive when it sits for while something in the diesel fuel coats the sending unit so the proper resistance is not read correctly.

  4. #4crewchief8882023-08-15 18:00

    my best guess is the fuel sender is bent, giving an incorrect reading on the fuel level. if the cap is not vented correctly ( most of the ones ive run across have an aftermarket fuel cap on them) the tank will "suck up" and damage the sender, and at the same time put a kink in the suction tube.

  5. #5NjRaymond2023-08-18 19:13

    Thank you yes T595. Definitely wasn’t looking at right spot so I’m going to try what you suggested and hoping that’s the fix

  6. #6NjRaymond2023-08-18 19:14

    It’s still full of fuel and reads full but not actually getting fuel so it dies. I’m going to look at everything you’ve mentioned.