I recently purchased a bobcat 763 F, I knew it had an issue with a carrier seal leaking around one of the drive motors. After filling up the hydraulic reservoir, you have under 10 minutes of operating time before it dumps all the oil into the chaincase. I pumped out all the chaincase oil and pulled both drive motors, I noticed that the carrier seal on the right side was damaged and the metal clamp was missing. I decided while I had the drive motors out to reseal them since I had them out. I pulled both chaincase filters out and cleaned them as well. I reassembled everything and left the front chaincase cover off and sadly noticed after a few minutes that it was gaining oil rapidly. I pulled the right side drive motor off and found that the metal clamp was off and the lip of the seal around the carrier shaft was pushed in. I have limited heavy equipment knowledge, especially with hydraulics. Some say the geroler is bad and the pump needs replaced (appeared to have little wear and no scoring) others have said the chaincase filters are plugged, my gut says that too. The right side drive motor drain case line feeds into a control valve and then eventually comes out by a solenoid control valve to a cross fitting that feeds into the chaincase filter and into the hydraulic reservoir. I applied air to the lower drain line and never could feel air or see fluid come out of the upper line that feeds to the filter, not sure if that was correct or not to see if there was a blockage. I understand all that was a mouthful and my lack of knowledge is probably hard for the experts to follow. I honestly don't know where to go next on diagnosing this issue, I will try and attach a photo of the carrier seal and also of the control valve
No replies yet.