I’ve been working on this cat for some time now found an oil leak at the rear crank seal so I removed the hydraulic pump rear motor mount flywheel the whole nine basically to get to the rear seal without removing the whole motor R&R the seal with a new one and reinstalled everything I even replaced the left hand drive solenoids on the hydraulic pump along with the whole harness that powers all the solenoids on the bottom of the pump and then these codes came up but it drives and operates fine left hand drive rpms are showing 16704 I’ve swapped the sensor wires from left to right and had no change I’ve even left them unplugged and have gotten no change I know it’s an electrical issue but I have no idea where to start any help would be much appreciated Serial number#HC900807
I’ve also already searched all over the forums for any info on this issue and found a couple of posts that had the same issues but I’ve tried all of those fixes and they aren’t fixing the issue
You need these........ Also what you need to know is that there are two speed sensors (#1 & #2) in a common body on each side of the machine. So if like in your case both sensors are faulting then the problem most likely lies in either the common power supply of the common ground for both sensors. Also do you have an electrical schematic.? You're welcome to one if it helps.
I do not have one would highly appreciate one tho I’ve narrowed it down to the left hand sensor plug not showing 8v I’ve gotten it to show 8v randomly while moving my probes around and I even removed the pins from the plug and tested just the pins and still wouldn’t get 8v right hand sensor wire has 8v no issues there
Schematic on the way. IIRC the LH side of the machine has a jumper harness back to somewhere on the RH side. It might pay you to find that jumper connection and check for 8v there.
Hey thanks again Nige the issue ended up being the white wire right at the plug itself had to cut it and pull the pin and replace with new and the unit is working like new
Cheaper than a new speed sensor - which wouldn't have fixed the problem....... Most people would have thrown a new one straight in there.
Yeah I’m kind of like electricity in that aspect I’d rather try all possible paths with the least amount of resistance first lol, replacing the sensor on this specific unit was gonna take a lot more effort compared to checking wires first