Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2019 John Deere 333G track skid

Dianna Taylor ยท 2022-08-17 14:29

I was wondering if anyone out there has had a fire in their Deere skid loader ? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Di

Replies6
  1. #1mg23612022-08-19 05:28

    Welcome to HEF Dianna ! Help with what? Either the machine had an isolated burn or it is a total loss. Pictures would speak volumes.

  2. #2Mark132022-08-19 19:26

    I have not, but I know the land clearing/mulcher guys don't speak very highly of the Deere machines for performance and they also burn fairly frequently it seems. Usually they're a complete loss within a minute.

  3. #3Mobilewrench2022-08-19 22:34

    Yep, had a fire on the same machine a couple of weeks ago. The client uses it to mow heavy grass and enough grass built up in the belly that it was against some part of the emissions system on the left side of the engine. Not sure, but it looked like an egr cooler to me and it is ridiculously low on the engine in my opinion. The fire didn't damage much though.

  4. #4Kn1ghtWolf2022-08-20 18:02

    I did a lot of researching before I got my 333g and came to the conclusion these fires are from people not cleaning out the machine and working it like a mule on hot days with 90-100+ degree days, I know in the south those temps are typical but imo any machine would fry eventually doing that. Deere's forestry package I believe comes with better seals on the engine compartment that alleviate build up of junk and a serious mulching op would probably be best off with a hydraulic cooler as well, no matter the brand of machine.

  5. #5DDoug2022-08-22 10:13

    On my Jd240 I noticed much grass and mulch going down under the seat (all aorund the pumps) Traced it to where the arms attach to the base/frame. Some can foam, and trim off when set with a long knife has worked well.

  6. #6DDoug2022-08-30 07:05

    I took some pix of the area.