Hello folks, there is not much info on this model on the net, so I can assume that the unit is fairly trouble free. However I do see that the Kubota SVL get a very bad rating on the emissions end. This loader was supposed to be better, as it is the Kubota engine (V2607) but with only a D.O.C. no regen. Everything was great for the first 30 hrs, but then the engine has developed a stumble. The stumble only happens when warm, and does not seem to go away even when attempting to "burn it out" by locking the throttle at W.F.O. for a couple of hours of operation. I've always been super cautious about idling, no more than about 3 minutes ever. So for now, the tech has bypassed the coolant temperature sensor, and the stumble is gone. I fear we may be doing damage to the D.O.C. this way, as well as no warning of overheat. Any advice or experience in this area would be appreciated.
Four months later, now at 140 ish hours. When the engine gets warm, it's sounds like the rattle snake in the silver can is not happy. There is a strong odor of unburnt diesel, a misfire, and down on power. ALTA says that they are still waiting on a software update from Volvo. But it is ********, because the rental L25H ran just fine on the "old software" Am I the only one with this problem?
What is the serial number for your machine?
1420245
Good day XSKIER I looked for any service bulletins related to emissions and your engine. I also looked at software updates. I found nothing relating to your problem. But from what I can tell from your video. Is it appears that your egr valve is open causing the stumble. I would get your tech back out and connect his laptop to the machine and check the egr position and calibrate it. Good luck.
Paul, Thanks for the tip. Do you suppose that I could make a block off plate for the EGR and see if conditions improve? I doubt that I could get the Dealer to do anything about checking the EGR. They have taken an aggressive stance on the "Wait for software tactic".
I wouldn't recommend doing anything that would void your warranty. If you are having problems with your dealership I would contact Volvo America and explain to them what problem you are having with your machine and dealer. (877) 823-1111
hi Paul, as an interested bystander what makes you think it s the EGR at fault Regards Mark
If I'm not mistaken, that engine has a throttle inlet to maintain heat and cause faster warm ups. If that butterfly is dead or lazy, I could see this happening. I don't think EGR would contribute to that much of an exhaust cloud. Have you removed the oil cap while she's puffing like that? I'd be curious to see what the crankcase pressure is.
I don't really know for sure. I have tested a lot of egr systems and that video demonstrated the same symptom of a fully open egr valve. This particular engine I haven't had the pleasure of dealing with, so I'm not familiar with the emissions system. I am purely speculating. it's hard to diagnose from a video, slight description and a thousand miles away.
But it's such a lengthy video
The video was kept short, so that it could have decent quality to be sent via text message to service personnel. This particular Kubota V2607 has no throttle body, the Kubota V2607 in my previous Kubota R530 did have a throttle body. This Volvo takes 15 minutes of hard driving to get warmed up, whereas the Kubota only 3 minutes. I have not had a chance to work on this yet, but will go after the egr valve myself. I figure it's the least that I could do while waiting for Volvo software update on my Kubota engine.
Has alta resolved your issue? Just curious because I work for alta.
I've not had time to make the trip to Rudd in ft. Wayne to get my L25H fixed. Probably in September. I did get a bill for the rental, while my loader was in the service shop, so at least that feels like I am not forgotten about. I did find that if I run my mower with the loader for 20 minutes, she drops a cylinder and looses a lot of power. The rental would run it for about 4 hours before hot fluid warning when pushed hard. However, I do have to say that I was quite pleased that ALTA came out to fix a blowed aux hyd line that blew in the first 2 minutes of mowing.