Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2020 Cat 299D3XE, Lemon?

Connor Gardiner · 2023-01-26 12:14

P.S. Machine had already been sent to the dealer which diagnosed it and stated that after being run under (vigorous) testing the machine would not repeat the trouble code and advised machine was fine. I recommended a new DEF Injector be installed into the SCR system. EXTREMELY disappointed with the dealer, the machine sat in their yard for a month. And I spent 4 days detailing and washing the machine inside and out so they wouldn't have to get dirty working on it. Please help me.

Replies7
  1. #1Nige2023-01-26 12:23

    Somewhat mystified why you didn't continue the existing thread that you already created for the machine. What exactly is wrong with it now.?

  2. #2Connor Gardiner2023-01-26 12:35

    The machine still has the same code. Unloaded it from the trailer and ran it with our hm418c mulched for under 5 minutes and it threw the code back up, I put the machine into a forced regen 3 times and still no Luck. (Also apologies that I forgot I had already made a post) lol

  3. #3Nige2023-01-26 12:53

    Need the Tier 4 experts to weigh in......... A link to the other thread for all the info - HeavyEquipmentForums

  4. #4Connor Gardiner2023-01-26 19:32

    Thanks!

  5. #5ahart2023-01-28 04:40

    It very much sounds like the temp sensor for the DPF outlet is failing but there won’t be any way to know that unless you can hook ET to it and watch the readings from that sensor in real time. It is not uncommon for these sensors to go from reading “normal” temps of 200-500 to instantly reading in excess of 1000 degrees within less than one second and then back to normal levels. This dramatic increase in temperature in the amount of time isn’t possible which would lead you to sensor failure. I have also seen wiring issues cause the same symptoms, those can typically be recreated by moving the harness.

  6. #6Connor Gardiner2023-01-29 15:00

    Thanks! I’m going to purchase a new Ancel H.D 3600 specifically for this machine. I’ll keep you updated on my findings

  7. #7Birken Vogt2023-01-29 17:10

    Let us know how that scanner works out, I just saw that they exist