Boy, are the 2020 trucks put together differently. This was my first bed delete/ utility body truck. She got 2way radio CB radio Strobe lights Flood lights on extenda poles 3k inverter 450c air compressor w/2.5 gallon tank Auxiliary back up lamps Spray lining Magnum headache rack DC Cargo E tracks Deezee 92 gallon tank Gpi pro20 pump Oem auxiliary switches Power integrated locks on utility doors Flexseal white coating in all compartments Curt SecureLatch hitch insert Streamlight Strion flashlight with base Deezee step bars (frame mounted) Lippert pullout step Buyers grab handles 12v jump studs at rear Hankook RW11 tires And, probably a few more things that escape me right now. Brian
I sure like the butt cooler on my 2019 Chevy leather seats in the Texas summer. I can't buy a 2021 though, because in my best Sam Kinison voice..."THEY ONLY COME WITH BLACK INTERIORS NOW...AAAUUUUGGGGHHHH!" Has that moron GM engineer ever sat in a pickup seat in Texas in August that happened to be facing the sun for two hours when you jumped in to go get parts? I don't think so...***. You've got several dollars in options on that truck...nice.
I'm really enjoying my 6.6 gasser. Much improvement over the crappy programming that choked down the 6.0. The low end grunt in these new 6.6 motors was a pleasant surprise. We shall see if they hold up aswell as the 6.0.
Nice looking rig. Very functional. I’d like to see a picture the inverter install. Give us an update after it sees some rain and let us know if the Knapheide compartments stay dry
I wish GM would do a better job with their upfitter switches. GM puts the outputs in a Terminal junction near the brake pedal on the interior firewall. You have to purchase the terminals and terminal plug. Then, figure out how to run your circuit outside of the driver compartment. Ford runs a color coded wiring harness pigtail into the engine compartment ready to wire with six hot circuits.
I drown it with pressure washer before delivering it. Didn't shoot the doors but for straight on. Had to adjust one striker. The Etracks are on with spline bolts at the ends and closed end blind stainless rivets through the middle. Had to bolt the ends as there is only one of me, no helper. Inverter is in the roof of the rear, bottom box, passenger side. That's what made the piggyback to the jump studs easy.
That’s a slick set up. Thanks for the pictures.
Nice, I've always really liked the Knapheide bodies, even the new ones, Only complaint I have is their back racks, cheap, I'd rather make something or use someone else's like you did.
Looks like a well thought out truck. Good luck with it!
All of this needed removed to allow the knee brace panel to come off, to install the 5 aux switches and fuse panel. Except for the rear seat back. That was pulled to add a 2 way radio.
Oof
The trouble sometimes with doing things properly. Nice truck though.
Oh’ my. That’s rather invasive. Very clean upfit, that’s for sure.
In that first photo of the dash I thought it already had a electrical fire. too much stuff for me.