Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

My next service truck

Blue Pete · 2021-01-19 22:56

So, it has been a long project so far. I haven't been rushing it yet. But I bought a 1997 Peterbilt 330 with 178K and 6400 hrs out of California. Drove it home and it sat for a while. I was running my '05 Topkick with plans to swap the bed over. But then I sold the Topkick. So then I was crane-less and bought another truck from California with an 8000# crane and Atlas Copco compressor.

Replies25
  1. #1Blue Pete2021-01-19 23:12
  2. #2Blue Pete2021-01-19 23:15
  3. #3Sberry2021-01-26 12:31

    Thats a pretty good way to do it. I thought of it with folding knuckle boom. I spose you will be mounting welding and comp in there, thats a great scheme.

  4. #4Sberry2021-01-26 12:36

    Your big heavy duty truck will last a long time.

  5. #5Blue Pete2021-01-26 13:22

    I like the under the bed storage. In my last truck I had a Ratpack. But it was bulky and heavy.

  6. #6Steve Frazier2021-01-26 21:15

    In the picture where the body is hanging from the crane it appears there is a stack attached to the body, is this the case? I don't see it in any of the other pictures and it's got my curiosity going.

  7. #7Blue Pete2021-01-26 23:00

    It was the stack from the truck I removed the bed from. It was a F-700. I removed it from the bed, patched the hole and polished the stack and put it on the Pete.

  8. #8Blue Pete2021-01-26 23:01

    I’m getting materials together to build a box in open space.

  9. #9DMiller2021-01-27 06:30

    JY, maybe Blue Pete built you Corn Queen!!

  10. #10Blue Pete2021-03-10 19:17

    Don't worry, I'm still working on the truck. My Dad passed away a couple of weeks ago suddenly(not covid), changing up priorities really quick. I have gotten all the metal to build my box and doors. So now to burn some stress and weld till I drop.

  11. #11Blue Pete2021-04-04 10:56

    Couple of updates.

  12. #12CM19952021-04-04 15:11

    Sorry about your loss. Lost my mom 3 years ago this month to cancer. Truck looks great!

  13. #13doublewide2021-04-04 17:31

    Sympathies to both of you.

  14. #14Sling Shot2021-04-08 23:59

    Nice truck!

  15. #15Steve Frazier2021-04-09 22:43

    Missed your post about your Dad, I'm very sorry for your loss. It was a game changer for me. Truck is coming along nicely, but please replace or remove that hub cap!!

  16. #16Blue Pete2021-04-09 23:18

    Thanks. Definitely throws a wrench into everything. The dented one I know right! Just on the low end of priorities. I found some blacked out aluminum rims with blue accents, not a huge fan of the black out. But they are kinda cool looking. Probably end up putting on some polished rims.

  17. #17Blue Pete2021-05-03 22:46

    Throw back to the first truck my Dad and I brought home when I was 14. Took 2 years to rebuild. Only original body part left on the truck was the right front fender. Put in an Olds 403 and a TH400

  18. #18Blue Pete2021-08-03 21:55

    Finally a few updates

  19. #19Blue Pete2022-09-22 17:59
  20. #20Blue Pete2022-09-22 18:00
  21. #21Blue Pete2022-09-22 18:01

    Finally some progress

  22. #22DMiller2022-09-22 18:23

    Looks real nice!

  23. #23CM19952022-09-22 18:59

    Lookin' Good!

  24. #24Blue Pete2025-03-09 17:12

    Well, I’m kinda kicking myself. I finished the truck and had it sitting for awhile, and ended up selling it. It was a good looking truck. Might have to start another when I finally get my shop up.

  25. #25DMiller2025-03-09 17:14

    Still get comments on My Blue Beast, always a few tire kickers and no money.