Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2020 JD 310 L

Ctpc222 · 2024-11-27 17:40

Is it normal for the boom to leak down to the ground from the upright stored position and n three days . I know I should lock it down but other backhoes I have owned never leaked down like that , I was told by JD that this was normal.

Replies4
  1. #1Dave The Spruce Moose2024-11-27 19:27

    The extendahoe on my JCB will do that if not locked and the rear bucket always leaks down….. I’m definitely not an expert but had always assumed it was because of failing seals, which is why I was told to Always lower the front bucket and if not using the extendahoe, lock that as well so that they aren’t under pressure all the time. Sorry i couldn’t provide a more scientific or even correct answer, just going off what I had been told (which may be way off) will follow though to see other answers.

  2. #2Ctpc2222024-11-27 19:54

    I always lower the front bucket and store the boom upright but sometimes forget to lock It , I have only owners this machine a few weeks , I noticed the boom on the ground after three days , I know in the past my other backhoe ( cat 416) wouldn't do this even if not locked. JD is saying that this is normal

  3. #3mg23612024-11-28 07:15

    Yep, it can be. It all depends on what they call tolerance stack up.

  4. #4Welder Dave2024-11-29 03:51

    It could have a very slight leak and that's why your hyd. oil level is low.