Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2004 JCB 214S 3 – what is this for (part identification)

Dave The Spruce Moose · 2024-11-27 15:08

Good Evening All… I recently purchased a 2004 JCB 214s 3 backhoe and have been going tho all the various little/big things that need to be fixed. While doing so I noticed a loose wire dangling near the hydraulic valve, where a LOT of hoses connect. After wiping off some dirt and grease, found where it goes. Here is my problem though. 1, the wires are both yellow 2, there is no connector on them anymore and I don’t yet have a manual where I can find out what this is for. I’m guessing it’s a solenoid of some kind but its purpose is unknown. I have a multimeter but don’t know how to do much more than check voltage in a battery with one. Can anyone help identify what this is and what it’s for? I’m searching the web for this style of connector so that I can repair the damaged wired and hopefully learn which wire is which along the way. Thank you for any help, direction, leads, pointers or outright guesses. As a side note: seems like a terrible place to put a plastic electrical connector since going over any brush or branches is sure to rip this right off….theres no protection from debris, ground clutter etc. very exposed. Thanks Dave

Replies3
  1. #1Willis Hodgkinson2024-12-26 17:21

    This looks like a picture of the underside of the front loader valve block, JCB wireing identification is numbers printed onto each individual wire, the numbers fade with oil etc, what you could do is find two spade connectors which would fit on the lugs on the valve block electrical plug and extend the wires to crimp to the spades. If your JCB has a 4 in 1 bucket and the jaw does'nt work, that is what the electrical connector is for

  2. #2Vetech632024-12-26 20:49

    It looks like it’s in the bottom of a control spool housing. It could be a magnetic coil for either a float position or a bucket leveler.

  3. #3kapisa2025-03-23 22:38

    did u find what goes there?