Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2021 Cat 259D3

Cjesse · 2024-04-13 13:01

Hello all, I’m new here. I recently got into a used 2021 Cat 259D3 and have worked the machine probably 20 hours or less no faults. Moving dirt and hit a buried rock, boom, died on the spot and threw code E459-2. Had a local tech come out and he cleared the ECM cleaned connections and replaced a blown fuse and got the machine to run again. 30 minutes later it does it again. Replaced a relay in the engine compartment (not sure which exact one), and have had fair luck using the machine up until yesterday. Any chance anybody has had any luck resolving this issue? Or narrowing it down anyhow? I found several threads on here with schematics, but no luck in finding ‘21 259D3. Thanks in advance and my apologies for a lengthy post.

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2024-04-13 13:51

    To identify the correct schematic requires the machine Serial Number. Model years mean nothing for equipment. Has anyone looked at the ground strap on the engine.? This is the first thing to check when an E459 Event rears its ugly head. See this THREAD . If you want more detailed info including photos of exactly where the ground strap in quesiton is located then please ask. TBH grounds in general are the thing to check, starting right from the battery connections and not forgetting the ground strap between the cab and the chassis that will require the cab to be rasied in order to access it.

  2. #2Cjesse2024-04-18 16:51

    Thank you! Serial is CW909740. I appreciate any help!

  3. #3Nige2024-04-18 16:56

    Need Serial Number of the 299D as well - if available. I can see about 30 different models.......

  4. #4Nige2024-04-18 20:12

    Sorry that was me replying to another thread. Got the two mixed up. Check your messages for a schematic + other info.