Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cat 299D problems

jberz ยท 2024-04-12 15:56

I am looking at a 2012 299D with 635 hrs contemplating purchasing, what should I be aware of about these machines?

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2024-04-12 16:17

    Do you have a Serial Number.? The seller may say it is 2012, the truth may be somewhat different. Also the S/N could give important info as to exactly what series of machine it is.

  2. #2jberz2024-04-12 16:23

    I have confirmed by SN the info on this particular machine I am looking for general concerns relating to Cats of this size range

  3. #3Nige2024-04-12 16:35

    A LINK to what's come up on the forum regarding 299Ds over the past couple of years.

  4. #4jberz2024-04-12 16:42

    TY that is EXACTLY what I am seeking

  5. #5Nige2024-04-12 17:19

    Bear in mind that we generally only get to hear about problems, not a peep when machines are going well.........