Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2021 cat 259D3

smifwal ยท 2025-11-23 12:32

I am curious which one of these is the pressure out when you roll the rocker forward,I just bought a new hammer and the hoses are not installed on it ,the ports are marked in and out, just want to make sure I set this up correctly to have forward make it peck

Replies4
  1. #1Deimos2025-11-23 14:04

    The bottom thick fitting is the Hydraulic Return. The top one is the Hydraulic Supply. The middle, thinnest fitting is the Case Drain.

  2. #2smifwal2025-11-23 14:14

    Thank you

  3. #3Deimos2025-11-23 15:09

    When connecting a hydraulic hammer, usually only two hydraulic lines are used: Hydraulic Supply and Hydraulic Return.

  4. #4smifwal2025-11-23 15:52

    This I knew. I know I could have put them on and flipped them around if they were not correct but I figured it was better to ask, and I now I won't forget which does which because it was explained. If I had gone the process of elimination route that might not have stuck