Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2021 cat 311f llr swing pattern changer

dscont · 2024-01-10 14:54

I have a cat 311f llr with the pattern changer under the floor mat but it does not to seam to be set up correct. Does anyone have the correct color code for with hose should be on which fitting? Thanks

Replies21
  1. #18V712024-01-10 15:05

    Serial number?

  2. #2heymccall2024-01-10 15:19

    Serial number? And, what patterns do you have?

  3. #3dscont2024-01-10 17:44

    Thanks guys here are some pictures. In sae mode the excavator swings when pushing or pulling left lever I realize in the one picture I pushed the control past just to show the number Thanks again for any help

  4. #4heymccall2024-01-10 18:15

    Position 4 is still excavator (SAE)

  5. #5heymccall2024-01-10 18:17

    If front and rear on lh control are swing, that's #2 pattern.

  6. #6dscont2024-01-10 18:23

    Currently position 3 is excavator

  7. #7dscont2024-01-10 18:24

    I am assuming someone has switched some hoses

  8. #8dscont2024-01-10 18:27

    if you notice my pictures the valve numbers are not the same as your picture

  9. #9heymccall2024-01-10 18:31

    Borrowed from 329D2 schematic, as I dont have 311F schematic. Perhaps someone else here can provide it?

  10. #10heymccall2024-01-10 18:32

    The instructions I posted above are directly from your operators manual, as I do have access to that.

  11. #11dscont2024-01-10 18:55

    I did just notice my number 3 is sae like your #4. But no backhoe controls at all

  12. #12dscont2024-01-10 18:58

    Thanks for all your help

  13. #13dscont2024-01-11 19:44

    Talked to cat technical support today. There is no backhoe pattern in the 4 way valve. They sent me the diagram to switch the hoses on sae. So any other thoughts would be appreciated.

  14. #14materthegreater2024-01-11 20:21

    Just learn SAE controls, probably easier than figuring out the diagrams!

  15. #15dscont2024-01-11 23:00

    I agree. Just 50 years of running backhoes.

  16. #16KSSS2024-01-12 20:37

    It doesn't take as long as you might think to change.

  17. #17materthegreater2024-01-12 20:56

    And it takes longer than you might think to learn a different pattern.

  18. #18dscont2024-01-12 22:35

    Hard to teach an old dog new tricks

  19. #19dscont2024-01-12 22:36

    I have a big plie of asphalt millings on my lot. I'll just park on top till I learn. Can't hurt much up there

  20. #20materthegreater2024-01-13 08:16

    Took me about 20-30 hours before my brain stopped trying to do the wrong function.

  21. #21materthegreater2024-01-13 08:19

    Double post