Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo ew140w can’t get max engine rpm

albow666 · 2024-01-10 15:41

Hi I’m new to this site. I’m wondering if anyone can help with a problem I have with a Volvo ew140w. I can only get 1980 rpm max on the engine when I put it in transport position. Before I replaced a blown inter cooler hose I was getting 2200rpm.

Replies4
  1. #1uffex2024-01-11 06:04

    Good day & welcome Can you explain which 140W is that with a cummins or Duetz motor. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2albow6662024-01-11 18:55

    Hi sorry it’s a Volvo Ew140C (just realised I’d typed w) it has a Volvo D5E EAE3 engine

  3. #3uffex2024-01-12 12:44

    Good day I suggest you enter service mode and check for errors, has the intercooler been drained recently? Kind regards Uffex

  4. #4albow6662024-01-12 15:01

    Ok I’ll check for errors, the intercooler hasn’t been drained but one of the hoses blew and has been replaced. Thank you