Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2023 CAT 323

mike holcomb ยท 2024-06-09 11:49

Anyone have any experience with the new 323? I was told it's basically the same machine as our 324DL Just updated model. Curious what people think of this machine vs Old. 324D has a C7 323 says c7.1 is this same motor with emissions?

Replies3
  1. #1Shimmy12024-06-09 13:47

    I rented a 323 with a long front in '21 for cleaning water holes. It was basically new, had like 500 hours. The cab was a dream to sit in. I'm a bigger guy, but it had plenty of room, the layout was great. Climate control spot on. Easy to get in and out of, my Komatsu is terrible in that regard. Hydraulics were great, plenty of power, no issues with the swing or tracks while crawling around in high. She liked her fuel, and DEF, I'd guess around 7-8 gallons per hour fuel and over 2 gallons per day of DEF.

  2. #2CM19952024-06-09 14:47

    Not a 323 but we just traded a 325FL for new 325. The D models were probably the best excavators Cat built, we have a 321DL as well. The tech is night and day between the D's and Next Gen. As Shimmy said the cabs are the nicest we've ever had. The standard 2D grade assist is fantastic.

  3. #392U 34062024-06-09 17:26

    I believe the C7.1 does not have EGR.