I am in need of some assistance on the best coarse of action on a 230lc with a 6.8. The machine has 8000 hours on it but is in excellent shape other then a few leaks here and there. The engine has had some blow by but at this point in time it is what I would consider excessive. It has started using coolant and warming up. I am guessing it will need to be rebuilt because of a pin hole in a liner or just wore out. It starts good and doesn’t have smoke from the exhaust. My question is has anybody had experience either pulling the engine or doing in in frame on one? It looks like the pump would have to come out to get the engine out. Thank you
Welcome to HEF IHEnnis . On a Deere 230lc you can not get the oil pan off, the engine is coming out. At the dealer shop we generally left the hydraulic pumps in place and hung the pumps from a steel bar or heavy pipe. With the engine fan removed there is enough room to bring the engine forward towards the rad to clear the pump drive coupler.
Thank you Dave! I work full time as a service tech for a Case IH dealership and farm as well. Thank you for reassuring me the correct mode of action to get that engine out. I will get her in the shop and get to pulling. Thank you again!