Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2024 Cat D7G

HATCHEQUIP · 2025-05-13 10:50

Anyone know whats going on here it looks new with some upgrades to hard nose and cab but the flag in the background makes me think photo shopped.

Replies25
  1. #1Nige2025-05-13 10:52

    First question from my lips was "Is that even a Cat tractor.?" Too many red flags (apart from the one on the pole).

  2. #2HATCHEQUIP2025-05-13 15:14

    Search D7G on machinery trader its ate up with them, ones with Mary Carter over haul's to these that look new

  3. #3.RC.2025-05-13 16:29

    It does not even resemble a caterpillar brand machine.

  4. #4InsleyGuy2025-05-13 20:35

    How about the old style decal under the lift cylinder?

  5. #5Nige2025-05-13 20:44

    How about the saying where I come from.? "Just because our local buses advertise washing powder on the side doesn't mean they take in laundry." It won't be the first machine where someone installed incorrect decals in an attempt to turn it into something it wasn't and surely will not be the last. I would say that the ripper frame reminds me a bit of a Komatsu one.

  6. #6Coaldust2025-05-13 22:51

    Apparently, it’s a Chinese clone, marketed as a Cstar-Dozer-CAT. Zhengzhou Carstar Vehicle Sales is the dealer I could find.

  7. #7epirbalex2025-05-14 17:55
  8. #8chidog2025-05-14 18:15

    I'd buy one for maybe 5K, and no more.

  9. #9hvy 1ton2025-05-14 18:48

    Cat was building brand new D7Gs in India at some point after I acquired a high speed internet connection, but that isn't one of them. I'm marginally certain I read about it on here, but the site's hatred of searching for 3 character strings would make it hard to find.

  10. #10Vetech632025-05-14 18:57

    It looks like every second brand dozer had a orgy and that was what birthed out of it.

  11. #11Nige2025-05-14 19:39

    After a 2-minute internet search my money is on it being a Hengwang HW13.

  12. #12JaredV2025-05-14 22:49

    You can buy one on AliExpress for $55,481.20, and if you buy 10 or more you can save 8%. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005007423367349.html

  13. #13nicky 68a2025-05-15 01:55

    It’s a scam. Hundreds of them about,mainly from the far east just looking to reel in an internet buyer.

  14. #14Coaldust2025-05-15 02:00

    Their motto is “Undertake Projects, Choose Hengwang, Prosper in Business!” How could you go wrong?

  15. #15HATCHEQUIP2025-05-15 10:25

    Earl Scheib $29.95 Earl Scheib Auto Painting Commercial (1969),​

  16. #16mks2025-05-15 10:32

    I have been using this one for humorous recently.

  17. #17Coaldust2025-05-15 11:34

    I think it was $99.95 when I was in high school. lol

  18. #18mks2025-05-15 11:42

    Any car any color

  19. #19CM19952025-05-15 11:55

    Google is your friend even for HEF searches. Works better.

  20. #20CM19952025-05-15 11:56

    Fake, fake, fake. 2 trips to China in my lifetime and never plan on going back but one thing I did learn is - Everything in China is fake, everything down to the Coca Cola.

  21. #21Nige2025-05-15 12:38

    Use this to search - "[Insert your search term or terms here] site: HeavyEquipmentForums "

  22. #22Queenslander2025-05-15 16:31

    This must be the tractor that hvy1ton speaks of, complete with 3306 motor, clutch steering and optional non rops cab. Specalogue is dated at August 2006. I seem to recall seeing one here a few years ago.

  23. #23Queenslander2025-05-15 18:10

    In fact, there are two for sale here now. Made in China, but have genuine serial numbers. https://www.machinerytrader.com.au/listing/for-sale/243718505/2009-caterpillar-d7g-ii-crawler-dozers

  24. #24CM19952025-05-15 19:03

    Don't think that's the same tractor - Looks like a cross dressing Shantui trying to be a Cat. It's China so who the hell knows.

  25. #25hvy 1ton2025-05-15 20:12

    That's exactly what I was thinking of. I did forget the series 2 bit and I thought they were being built in India, but I was reasonably close for 20 years ago. 100%. The market demographic is the ones that can't tell the difference. e: So this was feeling really familiar, much like @CM1995 making a thread about a Roo on the loose in Bama. So I checked the list of threads I started and I was the one that asked about the D7G2 15 years ago.