Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

20Ton Tag Air ramp conversion

dieseldog5.9 · 2022-01-10 12:07

Time to renovate the 20ton tag trailer, and honestly hate the ramps so going to build wider ramps and want to make them air raise. I know some new trailers offer this however looking to renovate this trailer. Has anyone attempted this?

Replies4
  1. #1Tags2022-01-10 21:55

    I attempted it and succeeded, alls it took was a trip to a local trailer dealer and a big check! In all honesty that's exactly what I did a few years ago and was the best thing I ever did. I can snap some pics of the underside of the trailer so you can see how it's set up. Fairly straightforward, they use air bags to raise and lower.

  2. #2dieseldog5.92022-01-11 12:52

    I made that suggestion to a customer of mine, however our business plan hasn't got to new trailer yet, our current ramps need work. Pictures would be great. A few years ago their was a similar conversation from someone else, but I cannot find it.

  3. #3Tags2022-01-12 20:23

    I will grab some pics in the next couple of days

  4. #4Hayden B.2023-03-23 00:15

    Any updates on this as i am attempting to cross this same path with my heavy 8’ ramps. The spring assist is non existent so im wanting to figure out how to fabricate an airbag raise/lower system. Pics would be a awesome help trailer underside and bracketry on the ramp side