Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

210 k skip low fuel pressure

Deere 210k ยท 2020-02-04 18:20

Just serviced my skip. Changed all the fluids and filters. Next day I get codes saying low fuel pressure and engine derated. I checked my primary and secondary fuel filters and everything seem snug and not leaking. Anyone have any ideas what could be going on?

Replies8
  1. #1mg23612020-02-05 04:35

    Welcome to HEF Deere 210K ! Post a serial number please. Are you using Deere filters? Also, when you changed the water separator filter and swapped the glass bowl over to the new filter did you make sure the o-ring on the glass bowl didn't stick to the old filter and get left out on the new filter?

  2. #2Deere 210k2020-02-07 00:48

    1T8210KXKEE892000. Yes, they are Deere filters and yes the O-ring got placed on new filter. Noticed today that the codes pop on when I rev to 2000 rpm or higher.

  3. #3mg23612020-02-07 04:58

    What specific codes do you have?

  4. #4Deere 210k2020-02-07 21:23

    The codes that are piping up are 94.17 fuel pressure slightly low 94.18 fuel pressure moderately low 1569.31 engine derated.

  5. #5mg23612020-02-08 05:36

    So the machine did not have these symptoms before the filter change? Was there any sediment in the glass bowl when you made the change? Maybe something is wrong with one of the new filters. Just to rule it out loosen your fuel cap when the issue is happening to rule out a fuel tank vent. Maybe you have some debris in the tank and your suction line is plugged?? When you key on do you here the fuel pump run for 30 seconds?

  6. #6Txhayseed2020-02-24 14:00

    Just out of curiosity what filters did you use. We use wix pretty much exclusively when possibly. We have low fuel pressure codes pressent with other than oem deere filters. When you go into the service menu what are you seeing on your pressures ?

  7. #7Deere 210k2020-02-24 23:05

    I used John Deere filter that I got for RDO. I had the dealer come out and look at my tractor and found out that my fuel pump was bad. They replaced my fuel pump and tractor is back to normal and no codes. Thanks for response.

  8. #8Txhayseed2020-02-24 23:10

    Right on. Sorry my posts where way behind. I didnt even see mg2361 had already posted all his replies.... Damn sprint.. But glad you got it fixed.