Hi all I am looking for some help taking apart/fixing the leaking hydraulic pump on my backhoe. I have a John Deere 210C and oil is leaking from the shaft on the hydraulic pump. I have tried taking the two bolts off that hold the pump on but I cannot seem to get the pump to back off the shaft. Is there something else I am missing? If anyone has a technical manual for this machine that would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance for everyone's help!
First a serial number. Your splined shaft is seized in the coupler. Might need a little persuasion.
Serial number: *T04239D174966* I will try and give it a little persuasion this weekend and report back. Any input on how easy it would be to replace whatever seal is causing it to leak from the shaft?
I need the machine serial number, not the engine serial number. To answer your question, resealing the pump on those machines is not difficult. Seal kit for the Vickers pump is about $130. About $120 if you have a Sundstrand pump. With that being said, with your shaft being seized in the pump drive coupler, don't be surprised if you will need to replace the pump due to the shaft splines being worn out (coupler as well), and no, you can't buy the shaft separately.
Sorry for the late response. Serial number is 4239DT002 Attached is a picture of the serial number plate and a diagram that the dealer sent me when I gave them my serial number. According to the diagram it looks like I have AT114133 hydraulic Pump.