Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

210glc fuel issue

southernman13 · 2025-03-04 11:00

message came up low fuel pressure. No visible leaks. I changed both fuel filters right at 100 hrs ago. I know I had a cat 320 that had a banjo fitting where the fuel line entered into the pump that had a screen in it that would plug up. Does this unit have one ? I’m not there to see it I have my operator reporting this. What is this code ? Thanks

Replies15
  1. #1mg23612025-03-04 12:19

    I do not believe there are any screens in the fittings. I would be suspicious of the filter mounted fuel pump.

  2. #2southernman132025-03-04 12:30

    OK, I gotcha. Is there anyway to check it or anything on that fuel pump to clean out? Thank you.

  3. #3mg23612025-03-05 05:08

    94.18 is the Low Pressure Fuel Signal Lower than expected. You can measure fuel pressure at the final fuel filter, and you can perform a pump flow test. Fuel pressure at high idle under load should be (-3.6 psi) to (11.6 psi). The low pressure fuel pump flow should be 34 oz/min.

  4. #4southernman132025-03-05 07:38

    Ok thanks. He changed the filters and it’s ok for now. I’m thinkin that wasn’t the whole problem. We’ll see how long it does like it should !

  5. #5southernman132025-04-02 16:23

    Ok it’s doing it again. I changed one filter didn’t matter. It only has 12 hrs since we changed the filters and they weren’t dirty just now. Is the Filter mounted fuel pump serviceable at all. It ran fine for about 30-40 min when I just changed one filter and drained The other. Don’t really have gages etc to check the fuel pressure. Thought maybe pull the filter mounted fuel pump off and have a look ?

  6. #6mg23612025-04-03 05:18

    Fuel pump is not serviceable. Any restrictions between the tank and fuel pump can cause that code as well.

  7. #7southernman132025-04-03 06:33

    Ok thanks. I was gonna look at the supply line this morning. Pull it off and see if it free flows and then blow back it it it.

  8. #8southernman132025-04-03 09:01

    I took the supply line off there was fuel coming out looked pretty good to me. I blew through it anyway we’ll see what happens but I have these codes currently what do they mean? I can’t find it in the book.

  9. #9southernman132025-04-03 09:16

    Figured it out it was low coolant thank you

  10. #10Simon C2025-04-03 10:17

    I wonder if a guy could tie in a relay to the low coolant switch that would trigger a 110 Decible horn in the cab to let the operator who didn't check the actual rad to wake up. Have seen installed on a piece of equipment before to protect the owners interests. Simon C

  11. #11southernman132025-04-03 13:41

    It’ll give a message to check engine. I know the code now. But it must Have a small leak somewhere. It doesn’t get hot but if the tank gets Down just a little it’ll warm you.

  12. #12southernman132025-04-03 16:52

    It has an alarm for low water that’s the light that was lit. And a code but it has the same light for any engine alarm. I know the code. It was full Before it wasn’t lol. Must have a small leak somewhere. I think it’s the coolant tank it’s self. It doesn’t run hot but it don’t take much of a drop in level in the tank to trigger the light.

  13. #13southernman132025-04-03 16:56

    As far as the low fuel pressure goes I pulled of the supply line it had fuel coming out but it looked a little weak possibly. I blew back into the tank w air re attached fuel line and it ran all day no issues. Maybe that was the the problem. We’ll see. I’ll get on it again tomorrow !!

  14. #14Simon C2025-04-03 18:51

    Problem with those warning alarm is that if the radio is on or earplugs in, they often don't hear. Thats what happened to a guy here the other day on a Komatsu 270 excavator, guy stopped it when head was cracked. Thats why if I owned it it would have 110 Decibles to let him know something is wrong and pay attention with only a little leaked out. Maybe you have a little piece of plastic or something in your tank. You will figure out eventually. Simon c

  15. #15southernman132025-04-03 18:55

    It doesn’t actually make noise. Or if it do I can’t hear it lol. There’s a red light but a yellow icon pops up on the motor so it’s very obvious!