I have a 210le with power shift and went to use it the other day and noticed that the trans was about 6” overfull on the dipstick. Also the hydraulic was either barely in the sight glass or it was just residual fluid. I didn’t have time to investigate yet but have some questions first. I checked the trans when it was off, and after some searching I am seeing it should be checked when running? Has anyone ran across the problem before? I just serviced it and it doesn’t have 20 hours on it since. If it truly is getting overfilled I am guessing that it is coming from a seal in the pump dumping fluid in the trans? Anything I should look at first?
Please, with equipment, post machine serial number. Oil level is checked with the engine running. With it running is it still way over full? If not, then the first thing I would do is make sure the trans and hyd oil levels are perfect. Then use the machine while monitoring the oil level over several days to see if it is in fact transferring. If it is, it is probably a little more than the pump seal. The pressure plate seals in the hyd pump are probably shot.
I will post it when I get back by it. I will also check the level while running and see if that makes a difference. If I run it will it hurt the trans if it does in fact have hydraulic in it? The tractor doesn’t even have 2k hours on it and had JD fluids it whole life.
That depends on what oil you are using in the hydraulics (dependent on serial number). Older s/n machines used the same oil (Hygard) in the hydraulics and the transmission. Later s/n machines used different oils. If yours is the later, then I would change the transmission oil first. Probably wouldn't hurt to do that anyway.
Serial is 885247. I was thinking it is the same but can’t remember for sure.
Based on your s/n, they are not the same oil. Hygard for the transmission, and either engine oil or Hydrau for the hydraulic system. So, change your transmission oil and monitor the levels.
i just checked it while it was running and it’s only maybe an inch high. So I’m thinking I might have over filled it when I serviced it and then didn’t double check the hydraulic oil after changing the filter. So we are going to watch it and if the leave doesn’t change I’ll just blame the idiot who serviced it…. Me…Lol