Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

215 Cat Excavator

tsbrasw ยท 2014-06-05 06:47

I am looking for a complete wiring diagram for a cat 215 serial # 96L-2812. I have checked with Cat and their archives don't go this far back. They said this is a 1979 machine. I have the service manual and parts manual. Any information or help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Tim

Replies4
  1. #1overworked2014-06-05 07:52

    Tim, if you have the service manual for that machine there should be a wireing diagram in it, probably only a page or two. What do you need help with?

  2. #2Nige2014-06-05 08:09

    I have found a wiring diagram for a 215 61Z-prefix. That's the closest I can get. There probably won't be a lot of difference between the 2 machines, they all come from the same era. I'll contact you for your e-mail address - don't post it here.

  3. #3tsbrasw2014-06-05 10:31

    Thanks, I'm aware of that one. The one I need is the one that tells you the wire colors.

  4. #4tsbrasw2014-06-05 10:36

    Thanks Nige. I appreciate any and all information