Hi, I use an old 225b excavator that has developed a leak in one of the hydraulic drive motors. There is oil coming out the breather on top. For a start just a drop here and there but now a near constant stream. Just wondering if anyone is familiar with this situation- is this a simple fix or a complete rebuild for the motor? Serial no. Is 51u 4464. Thanks in advance, John
More likely the brake piston seals I think, could be the motor shaft seal though.
Wandering if you ever figured out problem and how to fix it . I have the same problem with my 225 cat excavator and need to get it fixed . Please respond back. Thanks
Today, 09:45 PM #3 wl.griggs@yahoo wl.griggs@yahoo is online now Probationary Member Join Date Jun 2016 Location union grove Posts 1 Wandering if you ever figured out problem and how to fix it . I have the same problem with my 225 cat excavator and need to get it fixed . Please respond back. Thanks
Hi, I believe Lantraxo is spot on with the brake piston seals as I just had to do both sides in the Cat 235 last year. It ran about $2500 with the cat seals and a mechanic working on site. Hope this helps and good luck
Thanks will definitely check into that. Do you know where I can get a schematic? Would like to be able to fix it myself....if possible. Thanks again.