Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

226A Cat skid steer

dfdever8145 ยท 2012-12-07 22:01

Trying to lift cab up, got the nuts off the front , bolts seemed to be frozen, can spin them with my impact, but no luck, prying up on the cab , is worth about 1/2 ", sprayed with liquid wrench, any suggestions would be helpful......or just get out the fire wrench?? [email protected]

Replies4
  1. #1Lee-online2012-12-07 22:05

    You need to pull the bolts out before lifting the cab because the bolts are "pinning" the cab down.

  2. #2dfdever81452012-12-08 10:54

    Cab Bolts? I know they have to come out, asking any help doing that, short of the fire wrench? I have sprayed them with liquid wrench, will try again today, hit them with a hammer? cab moves up about one inch, bolts are still frozen??? The guy at CAT says do the liquid wrench, pound them out....? ok well ok...working on that part.....?

  3. #3dfdever81452012-12-08 22:29

    well, the fire wrench worked, now I am trying to buy CAT parts online? anyone have a good place to buy them? I now need new bolts,washers,rubber inserts and nuts..... anyone?

  4. #4Digdeep2012-12-09 11:46

    Dealer?