Hi, Im trying to find out what engine a 2006 case 435 skid loader would have. The specs I've found online say a 3 cylinder turbo iveco. I think that's true for the series 3 435 but I was under the impression that a standard case 435 was a 4 cylinder, naturally asperated 4.5 L cummins/iveco. Can anyone help me out? Is the 3 cylinder any good? Thanks
I actually belive its a Shibura 3 cylinder. The 445 got the 3.2 The 430 got the 4.5 NA. The 440, 450, 465 got the 4.5T. These are all original 400 series specs Some of the 3 cylinder motors had head gasket problems. I would not be interested in that machine, not enough power for serious digging. Now if you can find a 435 in series 3 dress, that is a much better machine. If you want something more robust the 445 is in my opinion a much better machine. Again the Series 3 version gives you a much better cab, a return to the 465 sized loader arms, a 3.2T engine and much heavier duty construction over the 435. If you pushing manure down a barn alley the 435 is fine. If you plan on really working it, I would go for the 445-3.
Thanks, I don't do much digging dirt, mostly loading feed mixers, manure scraping and piling, ect. But I do put a lot of hours on skid loader, and I keep them for 5-8 years, so longevity is very important. That's why I would prefer the cummins. I think I'll pass on shibura.
The 435-1 has the 344T/M2 engine that is a 3 cylinder turbo version of the 4.5. The 435-3 has the 432T/M3 which is a 3.2 L 4 cylinder. The 435-1 engines didnt really have any mechanical problems. The did have a little bit more vibration than normal due to the 3 cylinder engine.
I confused models. My bad, the Shibura was the 420. Thanks Goose for the correction.
Absolutely pass on the Shibura! My dad has a 420 and it has been nothing but problems. Two head gaskets and a new head. Broken loader arm after 150hrs of basic operation. Listen to KSSS he knows everything about Case loaders.