Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

235c & pc78

D5G ยท 2009-06-16 22:06

Well, I wish I went to this site on a day they were working :Banghead I would love to see the 235 run, looks to be in good shape. Not totally sure what they are doing on this job, but guessing from the pipe, i'd say stormwater. They have pilings spread out everywhere...msybe i'll try to get back and see what they do, we'll see.

Replies11
  1. #1D5G2009-06-16 22:09

    :drinkup

  2. #2CAT D9H2009-06-16 23:36

    Great pics , that 235 does indeed look like its in great shape , the 235 was one of the best Cat excavators ever made IMO

  3. #3rino14942009-06-17 06:55

    That CMP is part of the underground infiltration system. I ran a 235 before and they are beast.

  4. #4D5G2009-06-17 10:46

    CAT, yep...was cool to see a machine in such great condition rino, thanks for the explanation.

  5. #5CM19952009-06-17 11:00

    Yep. It looks like an underground stormwater detention system. These systems are used when space is a premium and there is no room for a detention pond. Most of the time these systems are located under the parking lot. From the pics of the foundation, it looks like it will be a steel building of some sort. You can see the column bases with the anchor bolts installed.

  6. #6D5G2009-06-17 18:04

    CM, thanks. I have seen the underground detention systems before, but they were massive concrete boxes.

  7. #7oakland2009-06-20 23:57

    great pics mike i have not seen a 235 in a while, that one looks great! :drinkup

  8. #8D5G2009-06-21 10:04

    thanks, oakland

  9. #9D5G2009-07-11 11:06

    an update Well, since I was at this site 3 weeks ago, doesn't look like a whole lot has been done, but the 235c was still there, they brought in a ripper tooth, which I had never seen before. Here's a few pics...

  10. #10D5G2009-07-11 11:12

    no, I can't get enough of the 235, its awesome!:drinkup

  11. #11D5G2009-07-11 11:22

    a few more, last for now.