..Well, just about new. I think it was bought sometime last summer or fall for one of the PA quarries. Originally it was going to be charging the new crusher they'd installed, but that changed and they brought a couple of the R40's back in and are actually loading the crusher with a 345. Well production out did the sales there and the production crew has been shut down for a couple months, so they sent a few operators down and now also the new 990h. From what I hear it's staying and the other quarry will be getting an L350 Volvo, cause a 990 is a little bit over kill for 40-tonners, though not as much as a 992c:drinkup Here's the few photos I had time to snap when it came in and after they got the cab and rops back on. Enjoy
looks good
wonder why they subbed out the hauling
We actually use A.G. Allenbach quite often between several of the business units and within AAM. In this particular case it was a must, the 990 was hauled in on a 2 axle jeep and 4 axle beam trailer (2x4 I guess?). We don't have either of those in our fleet.
I'll bet that 990 is a bit overkill for a R40! Our 992 loads a R60 in about 2.5-3 buckets. Our 40 is about 1.5 buckets to a 992...makes for a long day trucking. Pull up, blink, leave, dump, repeat....often. Nice pics keep em coming!
That 990 is a beast! Awesome pics.
looks sexy, saw one up here in ontario at a pit, you getting any time in it?
monster! very nice
when she was new.....
What a great looking loader :notworthy please post more after it gets the bucket and railings and all that
Yeah, before they put the "mobile" crusher in and got the new 990, they used to have 3 R40's being loaded by a 992c... yes a 992, two buckets, slight overkill. While that would be awesome, and anything is possible, I don't see it me getting time in it any time soon, course I guess it just depends on how long I'm there...:beatsme I'll do what I can.... it's been a little hard, seeing as I'm in the yard this week running a 980 and it's in the hole. It even looks meaner compared to the older 990's:drinkup:usa Nice photos pullpan, thanks again for sharing:drinkup
now thats a sweet new ride for a lucky person. great pics thanks for sharing