Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

236D dies after high idle, blows f10 fuse

rbreedlove19 · 2023-08-03 07:48

I have a cat 236D skid steer that when idling starts running then goes into high idle automatically and then dies. I check the fuses and blows f10 fuse, all other fuses are good. What is the fuse for and why does it keep blowing fuse?

Replies7
  1. #1rbreedlove192023-08-03 07:50
  2. #2Nige2023-08-03 10:43

    Can you post a serial Number please. It helps when looking up information. You have the Advanced LCD Display. Can you get into the stored Events/Diagnostic Codes in the monitor and see what was there historically.? Please try this before doing anything else. I would be interested to see what is Logged in the Events/Diagnostic Codes memory. E459 is a known issue. I’ll send you something that will help you troubleshoot it. Keep an eye on your messages. The F10 fuse is for the engine control and the throttle position sensor (TPS) power supply. Going to an elevated idle of 1400 RPM (not high idle) when the engine is cold or if battery voltage is low is a function of the engine software. You should get either an E441 Event (for low battery voltage) or an E679 Event (for low coolant temperature), or maybe even both, on the screen to accompany it.

  3. #3rbreedlove192023-08-03 11:21

    this is the only other code

  4. #4Nige2023-08-03 11:25

    Is it Active.? What I meant earlier was to get into the memory of the Monitor and look at the historic Codes & Events using the "settings" button that is located directly below the circled icon on the screen. The Operation & Maintenance Manual tells you how to do it.

  5. #5rbreedlove192023-08-03 11:27

    No that was in the history

  6. #6rbreedlove192023-08-03 11:30

    I am now told that it was flashing low voltage yesterday and today the alternator was changed out. Still same issue

  7. #7Nige2023-08-03 11:36

    That's not the history as far as I know. The history screen of Logged Events & Diagnostic Codes look like this.........