Hey, new to the forum and I love it here!!! So, I've got a 2006 HEN series 236b skid. I don't think the previous owners used the auxiliary at all ever, and trying to track why I could get anything out of my switches nor buttons, I dug around and found a wiring schematic. It may have been for a REN series, but it worked. I tracked my wiring back into the control panel, where I found 3 harnesses not connected, all with purple wiring. Anyone know which one it is, and maybe where I can find the appropriate Rocker switch? Thanks so much!!
HEN-prefix has breaks in production. There are three groups (1-6749, 6750-8069, and 8070-Up) so need to know which group yours falls in to identify the correct electrical schematic. The schematic will have Part Numbers on it for switches and also the correct wire numbers. Can you take a look at that wiring. Each of the wires should have a number on the outside every few inches. With those numbers you might be able to solve the puzzle. Can you post a photo of the wires you found, and the general area of the machine where those wires are located.?
I'm in a HEN03044. I can get pictures in a bit. Thanks!
I ordered a hydraulic quick attachment rocker switch and threw it into the only harness with matching blade connections and still got no reaction at all from my hydraulic system
I sent you an appropriate electrical schematic. Regarding your photos, if you check the wire numbers on each of those connectors it should be fairly easy to identify the function of each one. What Part Number of switch did you buy.?
212-6521
And thank you!!!
Did you send it via conversation? I cannot find it
That's the switch for a quick coupler, not the AUX function. Which switch exactly are you wanting to install on the illustration below.? I thought I had, but I delete conversations like that as soon as I send them so I have no way of checking. I'll send it again.
I'm thinking it should be 3 or 4... I'm needing to be able to use tools like grapples and an auger. It's got a continuous flow button on the left joystick, but it is broken off. That's not the button I need is it?
Why yes it is. Don’t you have an O&M Manual where the procedure is illustrated.? An attachment that requires constant flow runs off a combination of the button and the thumbwheel roller switch on the RH joystick. Momentary flow just runs off the roller. Your machine has a roller I assume.?
No sir, it doesn't have the roller on the right joystick.
It's got one button the left joystick, and two on the right.
This is your RH joystick.? If it is then the AUX flow in one direction should be by pressing one button, and in the opposite direction by pressing the other button. If you want continuous flow then you press the appropriate button on the RH joystick followed by a press & release of the button on the LH joystick, then release the button on the RH joystick within one second of releasing the button on the left handle. To disarm continuous flow press any of the three buttons.
I'm not trying to have cf.... i just need to be able to use some grapples. Push one on the rh joystick to open, the other to close...is the button on the LH joystick what I press to turn that on? Or should there be a different switch to activate the quick attachment hoses?
I've read the manual, but it doesn't clarify. I think it just talks about the cf
Earlier you said you wanted to use a grapple or an auger, hence my explanation of how to engage CF. If you just want to momentarily energize the auxiliary to open/close a grapple then the two buttons on the RH joystick are all you need. The O&M Manual seems pretty clear to me. Go to Grid E-3 on Page 13 of the schematic I sent you. You have the optional 218-6118 RH joystick handle. Start by disconnecting the 12-pin plug under the joystick and check for continuity between Pins 2/3 and Pins 11/12 when you press each of the buttons that should go open circuit when you release them.
Is it possible to get a number list of what each of these buttons do, i have this same machine and some of the buttons are blank, not sure what they are suppose to do
You need an Operation & Maintenance Manual. Post a Serial Number to identify the correct one for your particular machine. EDIT: I saw your other post - HEN04392. You require Cat Publication SEBU7731. Beware sellers on the internet who are asking more than new OEM prices. You can get one from HERE , simply put SEBU7731 in the box and click Search.