I just bought a 2021 236D3 Serial Number KXL01444 and I opened the fuse panel and there are no covers on the two fuse/relay areas. Each area has a blue seal around it and what look like cover latch locations that leads me to believe that it may have been designed for a snap on cover for each fuse/relay area. However I could not find a cover or covers mentioned in the parts list. The fuses and relays are a bit dusty so I need to clean them up. But is my machine missing these covers? The large concealment cover in the cab is there just not what looks like the two smaller snap on covers which would be beneath the concealment cover. Also the fuse values don't match 100% with the owners manual. Some of them have 20A fuses where the manual shows a 10A fuse. Is the manual the record of truth or is my panel correctly populated with fuses and the manual is wrong? I find it hard to believe someone would move fuses around. I don't have a schematic yet and I am trying to diagnose why my back up alarm is not sounding. I saw there were fuses and relays in the fuse box for the back up alarm but they are all there.
This is the fuse box cover. #6 is a decal so it appears as though there is no "cover" per se. I'll send you an electrical schematic. Keep an eye on your messages. The fuse values listed on the schematic should be correct, and TBH it would not be the first time I've seen discrepancies between the O&M Manual and what's actually installed to the machine. Can you confirm that the O&M Manual you have is Publication Reference M0091175.? If it is the latest version on the streets is currently -13. AFAIK the backup alarm is controlled from the Machine ECM.
Thank you Nige! I'll have to check the rev on my O&M Manual. I went by the decal on the back of the fuse panel cover and replaced one 20A fuse with a 15A fuse. The other fuses all matched the sticker. I was able to get my backup alarm working again by cleaning the connector to the backup alarm horn assembly. I tested the backup alarm horn with a 12V SLA battery and it worked. So I started looking at connections and the one right at the back of the machine leading to the backup alarm horn looked questionable. A little CRC contact cleaner and some scraping with a screwdriver and I was back in business. Thank you again!
Out of interest which circuit(s) had 20A fuses that you think should have been 10 or 15A.?
The circuit with a Key and what maybe a Display pictured on the fuse decal. I would assume that this is the Ignition/Advanced Display circuit. It had a 20A fuse in it when the decal indicated it should be a 15A fuse. All corrected now. I haven't verified the fuse values in the schematic/manual yet to see if they correlate to the fuse panel sticker. I'll do that soon.
Key switch fuse is a 15A according to both the schematic and the Parts Mnual.