New to me 244J with 7700 hrs. engine just redone, now wondering about hydro. When under load will the hydro pull the engine down, what I am experienceing is driveing down the road and going up a hill the machine will drop from 22mph ( don't know if spedo is acurate) to 14 mph but the engine doesn't drop under 2800 rpms. Also if pushing into the dirt, the hydro has enough power to spin the tires but the engine won't pull down there either, every other hydro I've run will pull the motor down. I know I should take in to get pressures checked but just don't have the time right now. Thanks
hydro You will see no more pressure than the "load" requires-add more weight or larger tires/tracks and you might pull the engine down rather than lose traction. If and when you do check the pressures more than likely you will have to lock the brakes to get enough load to verify the crossport relief valves settings. HTH, Tom
I am curious what engine work had to be done to your 244. I just had to stick a large amount of money into my 244 at 7400 hours and my 304 engine is having the same problems. Jeff