Hi, We have a 244L loader that the ride control has stopped its dampening, and wanted to check the charge on the accumulator. Serial number is 1LU244LXJZB071549. When looking through service advisor, it shows a regular schrader valve setup, which then the adapter goes on, charging to ~350psi. However the adapter I have doesn’t fit the accumulator, but the kit I ordered with metric adapters should be here tomorrow. Just wanted to clarify the Allen screw at the bottom of the accumulator, as that’s not covered in the book. I take the cap off, and there is a 6mm head Allen screw in the bottom of the accumulator (picture 1). One video I watched said to just loosen this screw, then put the adapter on, but I thought I should completely remove the screw (picture 2) before screwing on the adapter? Not sure how it can compress the valve if the threads of the Allen bolt are still holding? Thanks for any clarification, the few accumulators I’ve done have a regular Schrader valve like a tire valve stem, so just a little lost on this one. View attachment IMG_5920.jpeg
What manual are you using? My manual shows the adapter below (P/N JT03515-2).
My manual shows the same, I was hoping to be able to charge with a different adapter that had the same outer threads (m28x1.5). So leave the Allen bolt in and it should screw down?
You have to be able to tighten the allen bolt with the tool in place. If the tool is removed before the allen bolt is tightened, the gas will escape.
Ok, I was misunderstanding the setup but now see how it’s supposed to work. I am using manual tm14321x19. Good news is the new adapter I got has the Allen key inside like the JD adapter so it can be charged. When charging it today, we tried pressures from 200-400 and didn’t see much of a difference in the dampening. It’s moving about 3/4” on a drop while moving above the 5mph activation. When standing still it’s a noticeable zero like it should be. Compared to our other 244 and 344, they move maybe 3-4x the amount. Would it be possible the accumulator is bad, even though it can hold pressure (for a few hours at least, haven’t checked overnight)? Only reason I’m thinking that is when opening the bleed screw on the charging adapter, oil would come out with the nitrogen, so I’m assuming there’s a small leak possibly?
Yep.