Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

245G what is this part?

Tyler Cohrs · 2026-05-14 13:03

Have a Deere 245G machine with a small hydraulic leak. Found the leak is coming from this black hyd block with 2 small hoses that run to it. Leak is coming from a plug on the side of it. I can turn this plug but it gets tight in both directions? Should it come completely out and have a replaceable seal / o ring? Im just guessing this piece has to do with the hyd thumb or quick coupler on it? Thanks!

Replies8
  1. #1Tyler Cohrs2026-05-14 13:04

    Pics..

  2. #2Diesel Dave2026-05-14 15:46

    Looking at all the pics ,I don’t recognize the part and with the rough modifications to the tin ware at install, I suspect the part is aftermarket. The clean ring at the OD of the leak site , it looks like a sealing cap /cover is missing or broken off. I suggest to remove the component and check for any part # stamping or brand tag.

  3. #3Tyler Cohrs2026-05-14 15:54

    With a tool I’m able to rotate it maybe about 180 degrees. It feels like it just hits a stop both ways. If I leave it somewhere in the middle it seems the leak is close to completely stopped. To me it definitely seems like something was added along with the thumb or coupler install

  4. #4Simon C2026-05-14 20:13

    Is it a rotatable 180 degree selector valve. Have to see better pictures or different angles to say better. Simon C

  5. #5Tyler Cohrs2026-05-15 10:12

    Tough to get much better pics of it. Almost looks like it’s connected to the piece next to it. Maybe they are just touching. Not sure

  6. #6Diesel Dave2026-05-15 12:51

    Use the tool to turn the female square back and forth at the leak site and look between the gap to the piece next to it and check if there is movement. I’ll put money the leaking component is a remote linear motor to rotate the shaft on the 3 way ball valve.

  7. #7Tyler Cohrs2026-05-15 12:59

    Are you thinking this is for controlling thumb and or the hyd coupler?

  8. #8Diesel Dave2026-05-15 13:07

    The 3 way ball valve would control the auxiliary plumbing for 1 way flow to operate a hammer/ compactor and 2 way flow for a thumb.