Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 200clc problem bleeding hydraulic pump

Mallard · 2026-05-14 14:48

I just changed all of my hydraulic filters including the suction filter. The last step is to bleed the pump. When I take out what I believe to be the bleed screws I can see hydraulic oil but none is running out. Also these two screws are higher than the full line on the hydraulic tank so I don’t see how they would let hydraulic oil flow. Any help is appreciated, I have the screen shot from the manual and also a picture with arrows showing what plugs I am taking out.

Replies2
  1. #1Diesel Dave2026-05-14 15:51

    Apply a slight bit of air pressure to the top of the hydraulic tank to force the oil up and out of the top of the pumps. Reinstall the plugs.

  2. #2Mallard2026-05-14 16:39

    Thanks, found out a little air pressure goes a long way.