Hey guys my turbo is dumping oil into my intake and it caused my engine to "run away" . Can the catch can or oil separator ( not sure of the name ) cause an increase in crankcase pressure to build up and push oil through my turbo . Is it even possible tho ? I mean is there anything that could cause any restriction? My cylinders do have wear I admit but I just put new rings in the machine .
Wow. There is so much to unwrap. Kinda like a Christmas gift. Merry Christmas, BTW. Sorry can’t be much help. Tagged for the hilarity to ensue, in a nice way.
Merry Xmas to you and yours too my friend .
Check the drain line between the turbo and the engine oil pan. That should be a free drain and totally open. The turbo is lubricated by oil at whatever pressure the engine runs on, probably 50-70psi, there is no reduction in pressure for the lubrication of the turbo. Are you sure that the oil seal in the compressor side of the turbo hasn’t failed.? That would allow engine oil into the intake.
Well it's possible but Its a brand new turbo ( from China but still ) . Also I installed new valve seals . So I'm thinking I'll probably have to get some liners and rebuild from scratch .
Wouldn't be the 1st time a new component was faulty, especially aftermarket out of China. Probably want to thoroughly check that before going any further.
YIKES!!!! Tell me more about this catch can thing.
Air filter plugged causing high vacuum on inlet side? Sucks oil out of breather pipe.
"MTL" serial number? 3024C engine? There was an update to change these from a closed circuit crankcase breather to an open breather for this very issue. Please post pictures of this catch can
It's actually an oil separator. But I have to pull my engine out and probably rebuild with liners . I have too much oil blowing out the breather so I had to re-route the ventilation system . Like how they did with old trucks years ago and let the Blow by go outside instead of recirculating back through the turbo and intake .
Fair enough. No liners on the the smaller engines unfortunately... will require a machine shop if you’re looking at rebuilding.