Is there a simple way to unlock the traction lock so a non running Bobcat 763 can be winched up onto a trailer or flatbed tow truck? I t's been sitting for a very long time so I'm sure the battery is dead. Hopefully without having to tilt the cab and snip wires to hot wire it. I know it's a 3 wire solenoid. One wire is ground, one pull and the other is hold but can they be accessed from outside???
Here is what I've learned. The traction lock solenoid is a 3 wire device (black, red and white wires) The black wire is 12V ground. The red and white wires are 12V positive. To release the lock, you apply power to the red wire for the duration of time you want it unlocked but it won't unlock until power is momentarily applied to the white wire. That's when you hear the loud click when it releases. Once released power on the red only will hold it. cut power to the red and it slams back down Pretty simple
They drag on a rollback easy enough some dishsoap if your feeling fancy as far as I know its still not going to roll even with the traction lock disengaged