Hi, New here and need advice. I had a 10" bogie wheel fall off and I have a replacement. I'm at a loss as to how I can fit the new wheel onto the stub axle. The wheel id the second one in from the rear of the track so next to the 10" corner wheel. It is on the inside of the track so underneath the CAT. it seems impossible to get the wheel on as either the 3rd wheel is in the way or the undercarriage arm is in the way on the side next to the corner wheel. I have all of the old destroyed bearings off and just the stub axle showing. Any advice? Thank you in advance. (The photo shows the nut and old bearing cases in place, they're now gone. The rear is to the left of photo. The swing arm upper left corner of image is the problem.)
Have you released the track tension and jacked up and supported the machine? It'll be next to impossible to get that wheel on with the track tight and the machine on the ground.
The CAT is off the ground but I haven't released the tension. Any other tips? It's the distance between the axle and the swing arm that seems to be too narrow to get the bogie wheel in the right position to slip onto the axle.
Can you slide the track frame out away from the machine a couple inches?
I have not tried that. Which bolts do I need to take out or loosen to do that?
That should be the same undercarrige as an ASV either PT ot RT series. Track Loader Parts in GA has lots of parts literature on line. If I could see a picture of the entire undercarrige I could narrow it down some more.