Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

247B—my grapple is acting up.

casey cholley ยท 2013-08-31 00:36

The grapples hang up when going open and closed. Anyone ever have this problem? Thanks

Replies7
  1. #1slowstep2013-08-31 05:51

    Not familiar w/ the 247B but I had same problem with my Bobcat, to Isolate the situation , Hooked up my auger and was getting a slow to start rotation in auger rotating clockwise and counter clockwise, sometimes no response, so the source was in the auxiliary Hyd. toggle switch not letting aux. solenoids to get current to actuate aux. spool valve. You might want to check auxiliary solenoids for continuity or it might be in auxiliary spool . the the correct resistance on My bobcat t 190 on the spool solenoids is about 4.9 ohms. if you have manual you might ck to see what yours would be for you unit.

  2. #2slowstep2013-08-31 06:03

    By the way Welcome to HEF.

  3. #3casey cholley2013-08-31 06:28

    247b Thank you! I will look at that ASAP! Oh thanks for the welcome to the site! Have a good weekend!

  4. #4caterpillarmech2013-08-31 08:03

    Make sure the micro switches in the joy stick are not sticking. I have seen the boots torn and it lets dust and debris in the switch hole.

  5. #5casey cholley2013-09-01 06:13

    I sure will, thank you!

  6. #6partsandservice2013-09-01 15:30

    Check the quick connects have seen then come apart and act as a check valve.

  7. #7casey cholley2013-09-01 15:42

    Actually just before the problem started the hydraulic line to to grapple came off while doing a job. I reconnected it and I think that's when it started acting up. Very helpful! Thank you!