Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

257b3 aux controls

CJ hathaway · 2023-06-23 20:02

I have a 2014 cat 257b3 I can't figure out how to keep my brush hog engaged, I can roll the rocker switch back and that engages the mower deck but I have to keep holding it back to keep the deck engaged, this machine has the roller switch on the right joystick with a trigger button but I do not believe its wired but you can pull in the button, unlike the button that's on the left joystick you can't pull it in doesn't move, also has 2 buttons on the joystick one is the horn and not sure what the other one does anybody know what I need to do to keep the mower engaged. I have a grapple I use on this machine and the rocker switch on the right joystick will open and close the grapple just aren't sure how to keep the mower engaged

Replies2
  1. #1Nige2023-06-24 04:07

    Depending on which way you want to rotate the attachment roll the thumbwheel either fully forward or fully back then press and release the rear button (the one behind the horn button) on top of the LH joystick. Then within one second of pressing/releasing the button release the thumbwheel. That should provide continuous flow. My advice would be to get hold of an Operation & Maintenance Manual, especially if you plan on doing your own maintenance. It would also contain info on control functions like continuous flow and others. The Cat Publication reference is SEBU8495. Here’s a link to a genuine OEM one at less than normal price- https://www.ebay.com/itm/304887203742

  2. #2CJ hathaway2023-07-01 16:21

    Thank you for your response I'm going to purchase the cd