CAT0257BHB7H01075 I operated this machine without issues for several years. I parked the unit due to an issue with a broken quick attach pin. Went to organize the repair, tried starting unit, turns over doesn't start. Talked with tech. Changed fuel filter, bled air, still no go. Checked power to fuel shut off solenoid, no power with key on. Checked all my start up sequence devices. Door closed(no key operation with door open as usual), Safety bar down,( should only affect park brake?). Checked all fuses, ALL good. Relays ( Not sure how to test relays)
Replace the shut down solenoid relay. or swap them around to see if the issue travels to another function
Is there a way to check codes without bringing out a cat technician?
Unfortunately not. I'll send you an electrical schematic which may be of some use in tracing where the loss of power is occuring.
Awesome thanks.
Are relays an issue with these machines. Located behind the seat in cab.
TBH I would use the schematic I sent to you to follow power right from the battery to the key switch and the starting circuit. At some point power that should be there won't be, if you get my drift. At that point you've found your problem.
have primed the diesel? My big excavator if I run out of fuel, or let sit for too long requires priming. I undo an injector and prime until the diesel flowing. It starts up after that.