Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

259D no throttle response

Augerz · 2022-12-17 12:59

Hey guys. Just shut my 259d off for a minute. Started perfectly fine. Now has zero throttle. I've checked what fuses I think are correct and they're good. Help! Middle of a snow storm! Thanks.

Replies9
  1. #1ahart2022-12-17 13:01

    Serial number, also do you have the advanced display to access diagnostic information?

  2. #2Augerz2022-12-17 13:05

    Yes. No active events. No lights. No nothing. DJFTK00270

  3. #3ahart2022-12-17 13:22

    Without a code or event to work with, you’d have to have ET capabilities to see what’s going on with the engine controls.

  4. #4Nige2022-12-17 13:47

    I'll send you the electrical schematic. That might help you identify the correct fuse and to trace wiring from the TPS to the ECM. Keep an eye on your messages. Other than that as ahart stated it's get ET on it and see what the TPS is doing when you press the go pedal.

  5. #5thepumpguysc2022-12-18 09:56

    I take it, it’s a Fly by Wire set-up.?? If it’s a mechanical injection pump, go to the pump and see if the throttle moves..

  6. #6Nige2022-12-18 12:01

    Remove cover #13.

  7. #7ahart2022-12-18 12:48

    Seems as if the pump itself is mechanical and uses an actuator controlled by the ecm to move the mechanical linkage. Could unhook the actuator and move the linkage to see what the response is

  8. #892U 34062022-12-18 12:56

    I could not recall if the pump was electronic or electronically controlled on that model. I have seen issues with the actuator and linkage before. Been awhile but I think in the cases I've dealt with it was the arm on the pump that had worked itself loose.

  9. #9thepumpguysc2022-12-18 17:17

    The pump gets separated from the body.. but that’s not gonna help u.. The pump/gov is electronically controlled.. The pump is mechanical but the governor is electric..