Has anyone converted a Standard Flow to a High Flow before? Asked the dealer here and they were no help at all,
It will cost you treble or more in parts for the increase in value it will put on the machine. Sell the Standard Flow machine and buy a High Flow would be far more cost-effective.
this machine doesn't owe me anything(less than 600 hrs), bought it from new and looking to do the upgrade possibly myself. here in canada machines are very expensive and mine has a remote control setup which is absolutely awesome for putting in posts, probably cost to upgrade to a new machine around $100-150K, I think I could do the upgrade for far less.
Post a Serial Number. I'll take a look.
its in my signature
This may take a while....... First question. Please post a photo of the LH & RH joystick handles. I need to see what switch arrangement each one has. The first thing you are going to need is a Parts Manual. Search for Cat Publication SEBP6431. New prices are as below.
What attachments are you needing high flow on?
Tree mulcher, works better on High Flow
Thank you. It appears as though the conversion is not as difficult as I imagined. Check your message inbox.
I haven't received anything, I'll send my email address to you
I had checked into it for the S series Bobcat and it was "doable" but there's no "kit", so have to figure out the parts needed. Main things are the pump and lines, but also it uses a different heat exchanger. I'd found a write up a while back of someone doing it and it wasn't super crazy money, but did require a fair bit of labor. I'd imagine it's similar for most any other brand. I had considered it for a snowblower I had which ended up being high flow, but I put a different motor on it instead. In either case blowers in general on skid steers are pretty lame as far as volume and distance. I'm glad I got mine fairly cheap
I found the software online and downloaded it, just need a license, I'll reach out to the service department and see if they can help with at the minimum of a license. Because they haven't been much help so far. Will see how it goes, takes for all the help.
AFAIK a licence is around US$500 per year as a recurring cost. When the software is activated a 365-day countdown clock starts. Once that clock hits zero the software will not work until it is reactivated on payment of the annual fee. The Service Dept are the ones who have to activate the licence and if they didn't sell the software in the first instance prepare yourself for a refusal.
you need the adapter 3, which is expensive, and then the licensing fee, the software is a free download, just needs to be activated at a price.
Unless something has changed greatly since I was last involved with it, a Customer Version of ET software was priced at somewhere around US$850 as an initial sale. The annual licence fee was additional to that. The "free downloads" that pop up on as results of an an internet search are, in my experience, older versions of the software. A licence renewal of an older version of ET might be one thing, but a first-time licence activation of a version of the software that is a number of years old, unlikely in my opinion. ET software is updated twice yearly. As we are currently in the 2nd half of 2025 the current version is ET2025B.
I downloaded it from a CAT dealers webpage, the version is ET2025C v1.0, I'll wait and confirm once I talk to our dealer here locally again. Thanks for the help