Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

259D Electrical Issue

rebel7777 · 2025-11-02 15:41

You guys have been absolutely awesome, and I appreciate the help, I have another issue that has been showing it's presence for about the last year, Every once in a while the CAT screen blanks out from working, I get a long beep when it reconnects and turns ON again, lasts about 2-3 seconds, The skid steer still works and runs with no issues, just more on an annoyance now. Thoughts??

Replies10
  1. #1Nige2025-11-02 16:05

    What does the Monitor Panel in the top RH corner of the cab look like.? You may well have one of the optional panels that enables you to get into diagnostic functions.

  2. #2rebel77772025-11-02 18:35

    it has 5 or 6 rubberized button's along the bottom, how do you access the diagnostic functions?

  3. #3Nige2025-11-02 19:02

    Full instructions are in the Operation & Maintenance manual. I take it you do have one.?

  4. #4rebel77772025-11-03 13:17

    No I don't, never got one with the unit when I bought it new, Can a person download this off the internet? It's a color screen also,

  5. #5mks2025-11-03 14:11

    Reading mostly here for a time. They usually start out in a pouch attached to the back of the seat back. Not familiar with 259. But did find an unopened one in a big green ag implement.

  6. #6Nige2025-11-03 14:48

    I'd be having words with the dealer who sold it.... Usually the manual is in a pocket in the seat back secured by a metal cord lanyard that has to be cut to remove it from the machine. You can, but it's a bit on the spendy side - US$119 for a download. I would question why you should have to fork out if one wasn't supplied with the machine when it was new. Having said that it was new 11 years ago and it's taken you that long to find out. You may be batting a loser with this one..... Go to the Cat Pubs web site, put SEBU9084 in the box and click the Search button.

  7. #7rebel77772025-11-05 17:41

    no codes, any additional things to look at? I have pulled apart all the connectors and cleaned them, none were dirty,

  8. #8Nige2025-11-05 18:58

    All the way from the display unit right back as far as both the Engine ECM and the Machine ECM as well.?

  9. #9rebel77772025-11-13 18:41

    yes I have, no codes, can't find a possible short, Screen failing?

  10. #10Nige2025-11-14 03:26

    Well now you have ET you can get into it and look for Codes. Download a Product Status Report in the optional pdf format while you’re at it and post it up.