How do I access the wiring harness for the right joy stick. I pulled the handle and its all wrapped wires. I don't have auxiliary hydraulics working when the thumb roller is activated, no engine rpm change. checked fuses, all good. I want to read our the switch. which leads me to a couple of questions. 1. I am new to heavy equipment, are there repair manuals out there that are worth buying. if so can someone recommend a site. 2. is there a possibility that the Hydraulic solenoid is bad and should I start there. 2007 262B PDT04359
I'll send you the electrical schematic. You can just as easily read the roller switch output by back-probing at the main harness connector below the joystick/valve assembly, you don't have to get into the wiring further up. This needs to be done with the joystick harness still connected to the machine and the key switch ON, for obvious reasons. Apart from genuine Cat ones, none that I'd recommend. It's a possiibility, but the roller switches are known to have a high failure rate on older machines so you should really start there first.
I figured out that my thumb roller is bad. I have a handle with a thumb roller off a cat loader, handle is different, roller looks identical and matching wire colors and positions. Is it possible to cut the wires and drop in the switch? Or does that seam like a bad idea?
How about posting some photos.? If you are a dab hand with a soldering iron it might well be possible but hard to tell without seeing pictures.
Have a read of this thread. It might give you some ideas. It's the same thumbwheel switch on your 262B as a 226B. HeavyEquipmentForums Question: Have you determined that the switch on the ex-loader handle actually works as it should.?
First we are skid steer second two are loader. I have not checked the loader roller. But I will do that before I attempt anything, thank you for the reminder.
And thank you for the other thread. I did read it. I am also going to open the skid steer dollar and see if it is a corroded magnet before I move on as well.
They certainly look the same. You'll need to power the switch with 8v DC and measure the output with the thumbwheel rolled full forward, centre and full back. The approximate voltages it should give are on that thread I linked. See the bottom of Page 2.
So I opened up the old switch and it had a corroded magnet. So I took the magnet out of the loader switch and put it in the skid steer and it works like a champ now. Thank you for the help.
A bit late to be asking but did you get any measurements from the magnet.? I wonder if replacement magnets might be easier to track down than replacement 8v-supply thumbwheel switches.?
I did not. But the hydronic block below it is leaking, I plan to rebuild it after a fence job I have coming up. When I do that I will get some measurements. I have seen this is a common problem and it’s a travesty that the switch isn’t available for purchase from cat as well as the price they want for a new handle. BTW can you help me with the name of the hydraulic valve block so I can search to see if anyone has rebuilt one.
You're talking about the pilot control valve. They are known to leak on older machines. Someone on here did a good write up of how to overhaul one. Attached the parts breakkdown.
I did a hydraulic repair on my 2006 B242B Left (drive side) pilot valve. I believe that your leak is on Right (loader side) pilot valve, but the following thread may provide some assistance with trouble shooting your pilot valve leak problem. After a few attempts, I was able to fix my leak which turned out to be a $2 "O" ring on the valve stem bolt of the pilot valve ... when an incorrect sized "O" ring was erroneously installed in the factory. HeavyEquipmentForums