hi Everyone , my machine is 262D Highflow DTB00725 i was using my stump grinder and then hammer after 2 hours my machine stopped responding to anything, engine works, joystick signal works but no hydraulics activities. I have noticed the hydraulic fan not spinning at all. so I think it's the coupler between the engine and pump. I know there is another thread for the same discussion but this one is a little bit different HeavyEquipmentForums first of all, I want to know if anyone uses this machine "Deluxe Manual Fluid Extractor and Dispenser" to drain/suck the hydraulic from the skid steer I want to drain and get all the hydraulic fluid completely from the machine, if anyone has done it before would be great to share the procedure
I have used extraction pumps for many years on all kinds of equipment and vehicles. Heat the fluid up, insert hose and pump it out. The ones I used were not dispensers, they were just fluid extraction pumps. As far as draining every ounce of fluid, that would not be possible without complete disassembly of the pumps, hoses and cylinders.
the issue i can't heat the fluid the hydraulic completely dead , can you send me a picture of that please
Yes it sounds like the drive coupling gone. Did you disconnect the electric plug on the fan solenoid and see if the fan starts up on engine start up. Pointing to new engine coupler. Simon C
no i didn't try it , but i will do it once I reach to the machine.
does anyone know why the coupler go bad ?
Don't know why other than made cheap. Have read how many have blown out at 2500-3000 hour range. What hours is your machine at? If yours is at that range you might want to think about the DPF filter and new engine wiring harness at same time. Have read quite a lot about their failure also. These machines get very costly in old age. Simon C
my engine is around 2000 , but the machine is 2014, the engine has been replaced at 500 hours for free due to an issue with the injectors. now the question is , I'm using a stump grinder sometimes it jams while I'm grinding because of the wood roots is this will effect the coupler?
Anything that heavily loads the hydraulics will definitely send torque to the coupling from the pump, especially if the grinder motor stops suddenly. Maybe we can wait to see if Nige replys to see what his opinion is before firing the parts cannon. He may reply by tomorrow. Simon C
The OP contacted me by PM before creating this thread. I gave him all the info I had ref the engine removal, at the same time explaining that there is no "factory procedure" to go in from the front so you just have to wing it as you go along. Not difficult for a reasonably-experienced mechanic.
Thanks nige The question is the stump grinder could make the failure for the coupler I want to avoid such issues for better
Also can suck all hydraulic fluid
I have removed the cable from the hydraulic fan and start the machine I couldn't see any movements. What's the guess here ?
I think blown drive coupling, from all the stories I have read on this site. So you are looking at pulling the motor or doing from opposite end. Need a lot of plugs and caps to do from pump end. See if Nige or someone else has any more suggestions to do at same time as repair is done. No one wants to pull out and have to do twice. Simon C