Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Interior panel removal on a cat 289d

bknvc1 ยท 2025-02-23 16:45

SN JTAW04307 Looking to see if anyone has the instructions for removing the interior panel on the left side of the cab where the key, parking brake and windshield switch goes. Have to check the parking brake switch as i am getting a 70-3 code stating the parking brake switch has a high voltage reading. Thanks in advance.

Replies6
  1. #1Nige2025-02-23 16:49

    IIRC the parking brake switch should just prise out, bringing the wiring with it. I don't think you need to remove any panels.

  2. #2bknvc12025-02-23 17:00

    I tried that and I could not get it or far enough to expose the wiring or back side of the switch. Which is why I unfortunately have to remove the panel. My luck.

  3. #3bknvc12025-02-23 17:13

    Ok was successful at getting the switch to pull out so I can get to the wires on the back. Nige, if you read this when I press the parking brake switch to disengage the warning light goes away as long as i hold the switch in but the parking brake light stays on. Chance of it it being a bad switch and nothing in the ecm?

  4. #4Nige2025-02-23 18:36

    Try the attached trobuleshooting procedure. Do you have an electrical schematic.?

  5. #5bknvc12025-02-23 20:09

    No I don't

  6. #6Nige2025-02-23 20:18

    Check your message inbox.