Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

267B all warning lights but fully operational

Joenathon · 2020-02-04 10:59

Hi everyone, I work for a construction company and I have been fixing most of the machinery that has been sitting around for a while. I got to this CAT 267B and it wasn't charging so I replaced the alternator and while doing so noticed that the water temp switch was broken. Once that was replaced too I added cat specific rad fluid. Im not sure if it was doing this before or not but now all warning lights are on, there is a beeping that changes tempo when the park is disengaged, and the hour counter is blank. If anyone has a good place to start all help is welcome and much appreciated. Thank you in advance. *EDIT: forgot to mention machine runs well, charges, and moves just fine.

Replies7
  1. #1heymccall2020-02-04 12:22

    No hour meter...I suspect a failed fuse. If it was lit, but not counting, I'd suspect the replacement alternator.

  2. #2Joenathon2020-02-05 08:03

    Thank you! I'll go and check that out right now. edit* checked fuses under seat and all are good. is there another location in which there is another fuse block? and if the hour counter has broken would that cause this issue as well?

  3. #3Nige2020-02-05 17:42

    Post a Serial Number and you’re welcome to the electrical schematic.

  4. #4Joenathon2020-02-06 08:13

    CAT0267BKCYC00647 Thank you that would be a great help.

  5. #5Nige2020-02-06 08:35

    I sent it to you via PM.

  6. #6Joenathon2020-02-07 08:02

    Received. Thank you for your help sir.

  7. #7Joenathon2020-02-20 09:47

    so all fuses are good. I've gone around and the only common point in the wirring diagram I can find is in fact the alternator wire. unless I am misreading this. I've been unable to find a proper voltage reading coming from this wire (403-E7GN-18). anyone have a general idea of where to search? 4 days of google: zero results.